Terms and ConditionsRentals are a two night minimum with the exception of a few that are a three night minimum. Holidays and local festivals are always a 3 night minimum. With the exception of some individual units that may have a 4 night minimum during the Holiday/Local Festival/Summer periods.
- Children are normally welcome, however some rentals may have age restrictions due to liability, for example, a rental on the river asks that children be over the age of 12. Please check specific home details for more information. We ask that you supply us with the ages of the children that will be joining you as we do charge for everyone over the age of 2 years old. Children under the age of two stay free.
- There is a one time, non-refundable cleaning fee ranging between $60.00 - $200.00.
- Reservation is guaranteed by a 50% payment of the total reservation. The initial payment includes a $94 Booking Fee (which includes accidental damage coverage). The balance payment is due 13 days prior to your arrival. If you are booking a home within 5 days of your arrival, 100% of your reservation payment will be required at the time of booking. Reservations are secured with either a Visa or MasterCard.
- All rates are in USD and subject to sales tax. Rentals in the Sequim city limits are subject to a 10.8% sales tax, rentals in the Port Angeles city limits are subject to a 10.8% sales tax and rentals located in Clallam County are subject to 10.5% sales tax (all tax rates subject to change). PRICES ARE DYNAMIC, BASED ON DAY OF WEEK, SEASON, AND HOLIDAYS. THEY MAY ALSO CHARGE A PRICE PER PERSON. ALL PRICES ARE REAL TIME AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
- Check-in is at 4pm but we will try to accommodate your travel needs. Checkout is by 11:00 am. Washington State Licensed cleaning professionals will arrive to clean, inspect and inventory household items in the rental upon your departure.
- Our Notice of Naturally Hazardous Conditions at selected homes must be agreed to and acknowledged by the person making the reservation.
- Please Note: We do not give out addresses to our homes prior to booking a reservation.
Brigadoon Terms and Conditions
Guests must agree to these Terms and Conditions with Brigadoon Vacation Rentals as a condition for rental. This document will be sent in a DocuSign format to the guest email before arrival. A valid government issued photo ID is required.
CHILDREN NOT ALLOWED at Riverside Retreat, The Bird's Nest and Lake House on the Shore.
NOTE: NO 3RD PARTY BOOKINGS: “I WILL BE THE PRIMARY GUEST AT THIS HOME”
- CHECK IN is 4 PM
- Driving directions are emailed out to you a day before your arrival.
- Your dishwasher may be full of clean dishes.
- We ask that you respectfully leave the home as you found it.
- Load and start the Dishwasher. If the property does not have a dishwasher, please wash and leave the dishes in the drain.
- Wipe spills.
- Please start a load of towels in the washer on your way out, however, there is no need to strip the beds.
- Return any moved furniture to its original location
- Turn the heater down to 55 degrees
- Take trash to the outside can
- Check that the propane valve is OFF at the BBQ if used.
- Lock all windows and doors upon leaving the property.
- Call or message our office by 11 A.M. to let us know you have left and returned keys to the home’s lockbox.
- Internet may be weak at times in rural areas. Refunds will NOT be issued for lack of internet.
- There will be no more than the stated amount of people on the reservation, unless you inform us about it.
Many of our properties are along rivers, ocean bluffs, steep cliffs or other hazards. If the property is on the list, then you agree to accept liability.
- Bluffs: Hart’s Desire, Land and Sea, Crow’s Nest, Sequim Bay Hideaway, The Bird’s Nest, have Bluffs.
These properties are located where the land extends to the edge of a bluff, that may have a drop up to about 150 feet. There may or may not be a fence or other barrier at the edge of the bluff. The bluff is an open and natural condition of the property.
Since bluffs may be unstable, you must agree to remain at a safe distance – specifically a minimum of ten (10) feet – away from the edge of the bluff.
The water and waterfront trail is NOT accessible by climbing down the bluff, you must agree not to attempt to climb down the bluff, which is a 150 foot steep and unstable drop.
- Pathways: Sequim Bay Hideaway has a pathway down to the beach.
You agree to stay on the pahway. The pathway to the beach is steep, we recommend precautions when goin down (300ft).
- Close to moving water: Riverside Retreat, Lake House on the Shore, are adjacent to Rivers or Lakes.
These properties are located where fast, moving water is accessible to people. The river is an open and natural condition of the property on which the vacation rental is located. You agree to get near or enter the river at your own risk.
- Natural water hazard: The Golden Grotto: This property has a small pond on the site, which is an open and natural condition of the property. Please use caution and keep a safe distance from the water.
- Hot tubs: Sequim Bay Hideaway, The Golden Grotto and West Side Paradise has a year-round Hot Tub.
There is no guarantee hot tubs will be available for guest use, so we do not charge a fee for hot tub usage. However, we will cancel your reservation and refund your fees, if you wish, if it is unusable.
It is your responsibility to ensure the hot tub is maintained in a safe, clean and sanitary condition during your stay. They are cleaned and maintained between guest visits. You are responsible for keeping the cover on the hot tub, strapped and secured, when the hot tub is not in use and at the time of departure. Please shower and remove all beach sand from your feet before entering the hot tub to keep the water clean. If the hot tub needs to be cleared of sand or other debris after your stay, you will be charged $100 to clean it out.
It is forbidden for children to be in the hot tub without a responsible adult, and children under the age of 5 are not permitted in the hot tub at all.
- A note from our owners at The Bird’s Nest:
- This vacation rental is located on a one acre lot shared with our living quarters, plus a barn, a backyard bird habitat, and an abrupt 80 foot bluff with a fire-ring and seats near its edge.
- Our miniature schnauzer is old, blind, hard of hearing, and not up to date on vaccinations.
- The two horses are outside regularly in their outdoor paddocks. The horses have been attacked by dogs, and one of them was injured. Their behavior may be hostile towards unknown pets.
- Owner is allergic to cats.
- There are no fences to contain your pet or assure the safety of a child.
- These are the reasons why we do not accept pets or young children. Thank you for your understanding.
You are responsible and liable for the actions and safety of every person in your group.
You are responsible for communicating to your guests the information contained in this NOTICE, and of safety conduct near any hazard.
You agree to closely supervise all minors for their safety near any hazard.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold the owner of the property AND Brigadoon harmless from any liabilities, claims and expenses for personal injury or property damage, resulting from the unsafe conduct of yourself or anyone in your group, or the unsupervised conduct of any minor, in the areas with hazardous conditions.
NO EVENTS/NO PARTIES:
Additional guests, beyond what was agreed on, is not permitted.
FIREWORKS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
If no pets: Unauthorized pets will incur a $250.00 additional cleaning fee and you are subject to immediate eviction.
If pets OK: (for Chien Noir, Refuge of the Road, West Side Story, The Hidden Chicken, West Side Paradise):
- Make sure to disclose your pets. There will be pet fees applied.
- You agree to clean up after your pet. If pet droppings are found on the property there will be an extra charge of $35USD per pile that will be deducted from the credit card on file.
- Keep your dog on a leash when outside.
- You agree to keep your dog on a leash when outside.
- Cats needs to be with their owners or crated.
- Pets are not permitted to sit or lie upon furniture.
- Dogs are not to be left unattended. This includes yards and garages.
- Continuous barking or other loud noise disturbances are not permitted.
- If there is any property damage, or excessive cleaning required, you agree to pay charges with your credit card at full cost.
- You agree to community laws regarding leash laws, sanitation, and noise.
- We assume no responsibility for your pet.
PRIVACY AND NOISE POLLUTION:
It is essential that you respect the privacy of the neighbors - no trespassing, no loud noises, from 8PM to 8AM. We are not responsible for noises that come from the natural environment such as road noise, wild or domesticated animals/pets etc.
- This property is not a party house. Keep the music and noise indoors at a reasonable level (rule of thumb: you should not be able to hear any music or noise from the property line). Music absolutely cannot be played outdoors or played from indoors with the doors/windows open.
Please be respectful and mindful of our lovely neighbors, and enforce quiet time from 8 pm (night) to 8 am (morning). Please limit outdoor activity during this time. To preserve the peace and quiet that makes our property such a relaxing and unique place, the City enforces an Ordinance that prohibits the use of outdoor music of any kind in vacation rental homes. Playing music from indoors and leaving the doors or windows open is not permitted. Music or noise heard from the property line is also a violation of the Ordinance. We will respond to any complaints from neighbors or the City regarding noise levels. Anyone found to be violating noise ordinances will be subject to and responsible for fines by the City. Immediate eviction might be considered.
All of our Homes are NON-SMOKING facilities. This means that smoking of any tobacco products, including marijuana, e-cigarettes and vaping products, is not allowed in the house or on the property. Renters who do not comply with this policy may be asked to leave without a refund and may be assessed with a $300.00 smoke removal fee, charged to Renter’s credit card. You agree to keep the property in a clean and sanitary condition. The property must be maintained free from odor. If the property requires extra cleaning due to odor, you agree to cover the costs incurred.
You are responsible for any damages or theft during your stay. Damages will be assessed at labor and replacement costs, and you agree to reimburse us immediately. You agree to take reasonable measures to prevent and protect the property from damage. Reported accidental damage is covered up to $1500.
Some locations are on a septic system. Please only use septic-approved toilet paper. Please do NOT dispose of anything else.
Neither Brigadoon Vacation Rentals nor the homeowner assumes liability for loss, damage or injury to persons or their personal property. We do not assume liability for inconvenience from temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, electricity, TV, Internet reception or plumbing.
However, we will do all that is humanly possible to remedy any issue as quickly as possible.
Brigadoon Vacation Rentals staff or repair persons shall have the right to enter the rental property for inspection, repairs, servicing, cleaning and laundering. Access shall be limited to reasonable times, except in case of emergency.
All keys must be returned either to the home’s lockbox or at the Brigadoon office in Sequim. Missing keys will result in a $25 key replacement, charged to the renter’s credit card.
Your home may be equipped with a fire pit. If the property is equipped with a fire pit, you can burn a small fire with seasoned wood, but not during a county-wide BURN BAN, usually between July 1st and October 1st.
HOUSE OUT OF SERVICE:
If a rental becomes unavailable, and we cannot find a replacement; we will provide you with a full refund. You agree to release us from any liability, and all costs and claims incurred due to the vacation rental unavailability.
- All Cancellations must be in writing.
- For sequimrentals.com, reservations cancelled 6 or more days before your arrival date, will receive a full refund minus the cancellation fee.
- For sequimrentals.com, reservations cancelled within 5 days of your arrival date, will NOT receive a refund.
- For Airbnb and direct bookings, reservations canceled 6 or more days before your arrival date, will receive a full refund.
- For Airbnb and direct bookings, reservations canceled within 5 days of your arrival date, will NOT receive a refund.
- For VRBO and booking.com, reservations canceled 15 or more days before your arrival date, will receive a full refund.
- For VRBO, reservations canceled within 7-14 days of your arrival date, will receive a 50% refund.
- For VRBO, reservations canceled less than 7 day before arrival will NOT be refunded.
- For booking.com, reservations canceled within 14 days of arrival will NOT be refunded
- If there are issues that you find objectionable upon check-in, contact us immediately and we will do our best to rectify the situation. Any delays mean that we will not be able to refund.
We strongly encourage you to purchase Travel Insurance for any unforeseen events that may affect your travel plans. Travel Insurance can be reviewed and purchased now, you may go to https://sequimvacation.rentalguardian.com/ to review and purchase, but it is not a requirement for booking.
If rules are not followed, we reserve the right to ask you to leave at once and all of your rental fees could be forfeited. Defrauding an innkeeper charges may also be considered.
Thank you for your time in reviewing this information; In case these terms are not agreeable to you, we reserve the right to cancel the reservation.