Terms and ConditionsRentals are a two night minimum with the exception of a few that are a three night minimum. Holidays and local festivals are always a 3 night minimum. With the exception of some individual units that may have a 4 night minimum during the Holiday/Local Festival/Summer periods.
- Children are normally welcome, however some rentals may have age restrictions due to liability, for example, a rental on the river asks that children be over the age of 12. Please check specific home details for more information. We ask that you supply us with the ages of the children that will be joining you as we do charge for everyone over the age of 2 years old. Children under the age of two stay free.
- There is a one time, non-refundable cleaning fee ranging between $60.00 - $200.00.
- Reservation is guaranteed by a 25% payment of the total reservation. The initial payment includes the $94 Booking Fee (which includes accidental damage coverage). The balance payment is due 14 days prior to your arrival. If you are booking a home within 14 days of your arrival, 100% of your reservation payment will be required at the time of booking. Reservations are secured with either a Visa or MasterCard.
- All rates are in USD and subject to sales tax. Rentals in the Sequim city limits are subject to a 10.8% sales tax, rentals in the Port Angeles city limits are subject to a 10.8% sales tax and rentals located in Clallam County are subject to 10.5% sales tax (all tax rates subject to change). ALL PRICES ARE BASED SEASONALLY AND MAY ALSO CHARGE A PRICE PER PERSON. ALL PRICES ARE REAL TIME AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
- Check-in is at 4pm but we will try to accommodate your travel needs. Checkout is by 11:00 am. Washington State Licensed cleaning contractors will arrive to clean, inspect and inventory household items in the rental upon your departure.
- Our Notice of Naturally Hazardous Conditions at selected homes must be agreed to and acknowledged by the person making the reservation.
- Please Note: We do not give out addresses to our homes prior to booking a reservation.
Brigadoon Terms and Conditions
GUESTS MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WITH BRIGADOON VACATION RENTALS AND IS A CONDITION FOR RENTAL:CHILDREN NOT ALLOWED at Riverside Retreat.
There will be a Notice of Hazardous Conditions at these selected homes, which must be agreed to and acknowledged by the person making the reservation.
- Sequim Bay Hideaway
- Land and Sea
- Crow’s Nest
- Riverside Retreat
- Elwha Cottage
- Indian Creek Cottage
- Indian Valley Restreet
- Lyre River Hideaway
- The Bird’s Nest
- Tides View
- CHECK IN is 4 PM
- Driving directions are emailed out to you a few days before your arrival.
- Your dishwasher may be full of clean dishes. This is due to our Covid policies: we put away the previous guests’ dishes and clean the unused dishes while sanitizing the property.
- We ask that you respectfully leave the home as you found it.
- Load and start the Dishwasher. If the property does not have a dishwasher, please wash and leave the dishes in the drain.
- Wipe spills.
- Please start a load of towels in the washer on your way out, however, there is no need to strip the beds.
- Return any moved furniture to its original location
- Turn the heater down to 55 degrees
- Take trash to the outside can
- Check that the propane valve is OFF at the BBQ if used.
- Lock all windows and doors upon leaving the property.
- Call or message our office by 11 A.M. to let us know you have left and returned keys to the home’s lockbox.
Disclosure of Conditions During your Stay:
Internet may be weak at times in rural areas. Refunds will NOT be issued for lack of internet.
There will be no more than the stated amount of people on the reservation, unless you inform us about it.
HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS: Many of our properties are along rivers, ocean bluffs, steep cliffs or other hazards. If the property is on the list, then you agree to accept liability.
NO EVENTS/NO PARTIES:
Additional guests, beyond what was agreed on, is not permitted.
FIREWORKS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
If no pets: Unauthorized pets will incur a $250.00 additional cleaning fee.
If pets OK: (for Chien Noir, Juan de Fuca Breeze, West Side Story):
- Make sure to disclose your pets. There will be pet fees applied.
- You agree to clean up after your pet.
- You agree to keep your dog on a leash when outside.
- Pets are not permitted to sit or lie upon furniture.
- Dogs are not to be left unattended. This includes yards and garages.
- Continuous barking or other loud noise disturbances are not permitted.
- If there is any property damage, or excessive cleaning required, you agree to pay charges with your credit card at full cost.
- You agree to community laws regarding leash laws, sanitation, and noise.
- We assume no responsibility for your pet.
PRIVACY AND NOISE:
It is essential that you respect the privacy of the neighbors - no trespassing, no loud noises, from 8PM to 8AM.
All of our Homes are NON-SMOKING facilities. This means that smoking of any tobacco products, including marijuana, e-cigarettes and vaping products, is not allowed in the house or on the property. Renters who do not comply with this policy may be asked to leave without a refund and may be assessed with a $300.00 smoke removal fee, charged to Renter’s credit card.
You are responsible for any damages or theft during your stay. Damages will be assessed at labor and replacement costs, and you agree to reimburse us immediately. You agree to take reasonable measures to prevent and protect the property from damage. Accidental damage is coverage by an insurance policy.
Some locations are on a septic system. Please only use septic-approved toilet paper. Please do NOT dispose of anything else.
Neither Brigadoon Vacation Rentals nor the homeowner assumes liability for loss, damage or injury to persons or their personal property. We do not assume liability for inconvenience from temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, electricity, TV, Internet reception or plumbing.
However, we will do all that is humanly possible to remedy any issue as quickly as possible.
Brigadoon Vacation Rentals staff or repair persons shall have the right to enter the rental property for inspection, repairs, servicing, cleaning and laundering. Access shall be limited to reasonable times, except in case of emergency.
All keys must be returned either to the home’s lockbox or at the Brigadoon office in Sequim. Missing keys will result in a $25 key replacement, charged to the renter’s credit card.
Your home may be equipped with a fire pit. If the property is equipped with a fire pit, you can burn a small fire with seasoned wood, but not during a county-wide BURN BAN, usually between July 1st and October 1st.
HOUSE OUT OF SERVICE:
If a rental becomes unavailable, and we cannot find a replacement; we will provide you with a full refund. You agree to release us from any liability, and all costs and claims incurred due to the vacation rental unavailability.
- All Cancellations must be in writing.
- Reservations cancelled 6 or more days before your arrival date, will receive a full refund.
- Reservations cancelled within 5 days of your arrival date, will NOT receive a refund.
- If you choose the AirBNB non-cancellation policy, there is no refund.
We strongly encourage you to purchase Travel Insurance for any unforeseen events that may affect your travel plans. Travel Insurance can be reviewed and purchased now. Go to https://sequimvacation.rentalguardian.com/ to review and purchase.
If rules are not followed, we reserve the right to ask you to leave at once and all of your rental fees could be forfeited. Defrauding an innkeeper charges may also be considered.
Thank you for your time to review this; we will call to obtain your agreement later.